Thursday, September 1, 2016

The Jungle Book

I know I am a little too late for the review of this movie, many people had watched and reviewed as soon as the movie came out but not me. When people say it’s a good movie I just can’t watch it right away because my hopes gets high I fear I will end up disliking the movie myself. Also I waited to watch this movie because it a movie about Mowgli and that is a concept I never really understood. I mean it’s a story about a boy and wild animals I mean how does that make sense? But then again it is just a fantasy film. Ok now let’s talk about ‘The Jungle Book’ movie.

For me movie The Jungle book is about a boy and his journey to manhood. The film starts with Mowgli running with the wolf pack he wants to continue the legacy of the wolf pack; he wants to be a wolf. But, to become a wolf, first he must accept that he is a human and he cannot fight or protect his friends and family by becoming something he is not.
We get to see his guardian Bagheera, a black panther who introduced Mowgli as a child to the wolf pack to where he is raised by wolf Raksha who is also a mother to his pups. 
When Shere Khan threatens the pack,because of the Mowgli cuz he is a human child, He makes his own choice to leave the pack for good to keep his family safe.

Before leaving the jungle, the emotional scene between Raksha and Mowgli is well shot and Neel Sethi who is playing the role of Mowgli is very good actor and can make any scene and his expressions believable. I don’t know why but emotional scene of a mother always kills me inside.

Before leaving the pack Raksha says to his son Mowgli
 “Never forget this, You’re mine, mine to me. No matter where you go or what they may call you, you’ll always be my son.”
In his journey Mowgli meets an enormous python Kaa. As a python Scarlet Johansson has not only seduced Mowgli but everyone watching the film with her voice. She unfolds the backstory of the Mowgli and the red flower (fire). I really liked the way she explained about the red flower, in her exact words:
“Men’s creation brings warmth and light and destruction for everything it touches.”

The movie has used CGI but it is really hard to tell if the scene was real or shot in a blue screen because the CGI is so amazing.

Ben Kingsley and his majestic voice as the Bagheera is amazing in every scene and narration of the film. Bagheera as the teacher and the guardian of Mowgli does everything in his power to keep him safe and take him to the human world. He is protective of Mowgli and proud also.
Bagheera says to Baloo 
“I know he is special I raised him.”
And who can forget the bear, Baloo who first saved Mowgli from life threatening situation and later wants Mowgli to pay him by procuring honey from the cliff. But later they becomes best friends.
At the end of the movie Mowgli has to save the jungle and his family, you can see it for yourself how he saves the jungle and being what? a wolf or a human.

Jon Favreau had done a great job as a director. 

No comments:

Post a Comment