Sunday, November 27, 2016

Three Generations on Technology

This the real story of my life that i'm blessed to live it. It's about my grandmother, mother and me and our relation with technology.


My grandmother is 73 years old, and she surely has seen today's technology and use some of it but still don't understand a thing about it.
My mom is 50+ years and even though she uses technologies, she can't understand them.
Well being a granddaughter and daughter of women who don't understand technology, I'm pretty much into technology and I, myself is studying Computer Science. I learn and try to adapt technology everyday.

My sister lives abroad and every weekend when we(me and my family) skype call with her my grandmother almost every time tell me the story that how my dad contacted her when he was in India for training (by mail/letter). She get amused by the video/audio of my sister and brother-in-law and tells me every time, this is amazing how near her granddaughter looks and talks like she is in the same room. I know grandmothers around the world don't get amused like her but remember, I live in Asia, South Asia.

My mom also get amused by some technology, last time when we went to Chandragiri we took some photos and videos on the way. So when we came home I copied  all the photos manually to my laptop but I forgot to send those videos we took. I was showing my parents those photos and i remember that i had forgotten those videos so i asked them I would stop showing photos so I grabbed my data cable and connected with my phone and i send those videos to the laptop and i played those videos on my laptop. My mom was so surprised that when she was my age, she hadn't seen a TV (TV introduced 1-2 years later in Nepal) and now her daughter can do so many things on her laptop and "internet".

And now me, i'm so blessed and lucky to be born in my family. I have seen and heard the life before technology took over our day-to-day lives and get to live the life where technology is part of my life.
And I get to write these things and post on the internet and people from different countries read it. Now what else would a girl want?

No comments:

Post a Comment